Step-by-step guidance through the most challenging days, weeks and months of breastfeeding: the beginning.
Too many breastfeeding programs tell you how breastfeeding should be without telling you exactly what to do if things aren’t that way. This program is completely different. We know that every mom and every baby is unique and therefore will have a unique breastfeeding experience. Rather than laying an unspoken layer of shame upon mothers when breastfeeding doesn’t follow “the normal path,” we instead simply manage the issues.
In this program, you will be guided step by step through:
- How to get a comfortable latch and what to do if you can’t get a comfortable latch (including how to manage nipple and breast pain)
- How to know baby is getting enough and what to do if baby isn’t getting enough (including how to strategically supplement without ruining breastfeeding).
- How to involve your partner, even when he/she can’t breastfeed for you (and how to teach him/her to give a bottle!)
- What to do in the early months of breastfeeding to prepare for your return to work
- How to know what kind of milk supply you have (too much, too little, or just right) and what your milk supply means for how you breastfeed.
- Strategies to incorporate breastfeeding into your everyday life as you gain the confidence to leave the house, breastfeeding in public, and establish a new routine
- Taking good care of yourself in the midst of one of the hardest and most rewarding journeys you will ever experience: breastfeeding.
- Day 1 (0-24 Hours): The Afterglow FREE PREVIEW
- Day 2 (25-48 hours): Here we go! FREE PREVIEW
- Day 3 (49-72 hours): Waiting For Milk FREE PREVIEW
- Day 4 (73-96 Hours): Milk & Comfort
- Day 5 (97-120 Hours): Nurseathon
- Baby Care Minimums (Days 6-14)
- Day 6: Let’s Delegate And Ask For Help
- Day 7: Find A Soft Place To Land
- Day 8: Thank You, Body
- Day 9: Your Mind
- Day 10: Being A Novice
- Day 11: What's Good?
- Day 12: Larger Perspective
- Day 13: You Can’t Win Motherhood
- Day 14: Where Your Strong Start Can Take You
- Breast Pain
- All The Breastfeeding Feels
- Fussy Baby
- Gassy Baby
- Spitty Baby
- Getting To Know Your Boobs FREE PREVIEW
- Low Supply
- When Baby Won’t Latch FREE PREVIEW
- Nipple Pain FREE PREVIEW
- Getting a “Proper, Deep Latch”
- Pumping For An Occasional Bottle
- What Type of Milk Supply Do You Have?
- Managing Too Much Milk
- Waking Up A Sleepy Baby
- Plugged Ducts
- Postpartum Depression
- Don’t Dump Your Milk (Yet)!
- Engorgement FREE PREVIEW
- Can You Feel Your Let-Down?
- What Did You Eat?
- Pumping in Place of Breastfeeding: Sore Nipples
- Nipple Confusion
- Milk Blisters
- Nipple Shields
- The Boob Rules
- Yeast (aka Thursh aka Candida Albicans)
- Vasospasm (Raynaud’s Phenomenon)
- Breast Compressions
- Paced Bottle Feeding
- All Purpose Nipple Ointment (APNO)
- What Type Of Nipples Do You Have?
- New Nipple Architecture
About the instructor
Katie Madden has been a Registered Nurse since 2004 and a IBCLC since 2009. She is the founder of BalancedBreastfeeding.com, an online platform of safe, realistic, and kind breastfeeding support. Katie direct the lactation program at The Birth Center in Wilmington, DE where she and the colleagues, whom she trained in the Balanced Breastfeeding Method, see a heavy load of high complexity patients in their outpatient clinic.